“COPY” Australia CopyHouses•Aberfeldie, Australia Masuto Residence / Jamison ArchitectsSave this projectSaveMasuto Residence / Jamison Architects Masuto Residence / Jamison Architects CopyAbout this officeJamison ArchitectsOfficeFollowProductConcrete#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesAberfeldieAustraliaPublished on February 13, 2018Cite: “Masuto Residence / Jamison Architects” 13 Feb 2018. ArchDaily. Accessed 11 Jun 2021.
Youth from Queers for Racial Justice and Workers World Party marched in the Pride Parade in Buffalo, N.Y., on June 3 in a fightback contingent that challenged the tone of the otherwise heavily corporate celebration and became a magnet for militants. They carried banners and signs confronting anti-LGBTQ oppression, racism, sexism, war and Trump’s entire anti-worker program. Placards raised support for immigrants, the Black Lives Matter movement, defense of trans women of color, and demands for economic justice and affordable housing. Many other placards had photos devoted to the victims of police brutality. The contingent got enthusiastic cheers from the packed crowd all along the parade route. — WW Buffalo Staff and Ellie DorritieWW photos: Ellie DorritieFacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare thisFacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailPrintMoreShare this
News September 1, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Propose blogs that defend press freedom Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU June 4, 2021 Find out more News Like last year, Reporters Without Borders is joining in the Best of the Blogs (BOBS) competition being organised by the German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle. We are asking Internet users to propose blogs (in any language) that defend press freedom. The “Reporters Without Borders” prize last year went to Egyptian Manal Alaa’s Bit Bucket. June 2, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts News FranceEurope – Central Asia News Follow the news on France Help by sharing this information RSF_en Like last year, Reporters Without Borders is joining in the Best of the Blogs (BOBS) competition being organised by the German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle. We are asking Internet users to propose blogs (in any language) that defend press freedom. The “Reporters Without Borders” prize last year went to Egyptian Manal Alaa’s Bit Bucket. Awards also went to the blog of Chinese citizen Wang Yi (shut down by the authorities) and the blog of Tunisian Mokhtar Yahyaoui (temporarily closed).To propose a blog, write to (internet at rsf.org) by 30 September with a brief description of the blog you like.For more information about the competition, go to: www.thebobs.de————-Create your blog with Reporters without borders: www.rsfblog.org to go further “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says FranceEurope – Central Asia Organisation RSF denounces Total’s retaliation against Le Monde for Myanmar story May 10, 2021 Find out more
Follow the news on Turkey Receive email alerts Human rights groups warns European leaders before Turkey summit The prosecution had requested up to 35 years in prison for Dündar, the Cumhuriyet daily newspaper’s former editor, who now lives in self-imposed exile in Germany. RSF_en News to go further Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemns today’s insane decision by a Turkish court to sentence the well-known journalist Can Dündar to more than 27 years in prison on charges of spying and abetting a terrorist organization, and calls on the judicial authorities to quash this conviction. Turkey’s never-ending judicial persecution of former newspaper editor “This insane and shocking decision confirms that President Erdogan’s regime is unable to halt its headlong flight into ever-greater authoritarianism,” RSF editor-in-chief Pauline Adès-Mével said. “More than any other case, it shows the degree to which journalists are subjected to judicial persecution in Turkey. Even if Can Dündar now lives freely in Germany, we call for this eminent journalist’s conviction to be overturned.” News After appearing in court on 6 May 2016 on various charges including “support for a terrorist organization,” Dündar narrowly escaped an armed attack as he left the court building in the Istanbul district of Caglayan. The light sentence passed on his assailant (10 months in prison) convinced Dündar that he should leave Turkey. Turkish journalist and former chief editor of the Turkish daily newspaper Cumhuriyet Can Dundar on October 6, 2020/AFP Dündar’s judicial problems began in 2015, when Cumhuriyet published a story headlined “İşte Erdoğan’ın yok dediği silahlar” (“Here are the weapons that Erdogan said do not exist”). It was accompanied by photos and videos that showed that Turkish intelligence was helping to supplies weapons to Islamist groups in Turkey. December 23, 2020 Turkey: RSF condemns journalist’s “insane” 27-year jail sentence April 2, 2021 Find out more Turkey is ranked 154th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2020 World Press Freedom Index. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan responded by threatening him on the air on the state TV channel TRT: “The person who wrote that exclusive article will pay dearly. I won’t let him get away with it.” Help by sharing this information Organisation In March 2018, Turkey’s Court of Cassation overturned the verdict that had been issued in Dündar’s trial in 2016 and called for a retrial, with “espionage” to be included in the charge. Gül was acquitted. The retrial began in Istanbul in April 2019, resulting in today’s verdict and sentences. TurkeyEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists ImprisonedExiled mediaJudicial harassmentRSF Prize News News In Germany, Dündar founded the Turkish-language news website Özgürüz (“We are free”). He is now also a member of the International Commission of the (RSF-launched) Information and Democracy Initiative. April 28, 2021 Find out more TurkeyEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists ImprisonedExiled mediaJudicial harassmentRSF Prize Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemns today’s insane decision by a Turkish court tosentence the well-known journalist Can Dündar to more than 27 years in prison on charges ofspying and abetting a terrorist organization, and calls on the judicial authorities to quash thisconviction. Journalists threatened with imprisonment under Turkey’s terrorism law Dündar was jailed in November 2015 on charges of “obtaining and disseminating classified state information for the purpose of political or military espionage” and “support for an armed terrorist organization without being a member.” After three months in prison, he was released on the basis of a ruling by the Constitutional Court, which said his arrest was unconstitutional. The trial of Dündar and Cumhuriyet’s Ankara bureau chief, Erdem Gül, began in March 2016. April 2, 2021 Find out more
Written by January 30, 2021 /Sports News – Local Gipson carries Tarleton State over Utah Valley 70-62 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailOREM, Utah (AP) — Montre’ Gipson had 24 points as Tarleton State topped Utah Valley 70-62.Gipson made all 10 of his foul shots. He added six rebounds. Jonathan Jackson Jr. had 16 points for Tarleton State (4-8, 1-5 Western Athletic Conference), which snapped its six-game road losing streak. Tahj Small added 10 points and eight rebounds. Shakur Daniel had 10 points.Trey Woodbury had 13 points for the Wolverines (6-7, 4-1). Fardaws Aimaq added nine points, 16 rebounds and five blocks. Tags: Montre’ Gipson/Tarleton State Basketball/UVU Wolverines Basketball/WAC Associated Press
Yakaar-2 encountered approximately 30m of net gas pay in similar high-quality Cenomanian reservoir to the Yakaar-1 exploration well Image: Kosmos plans to develop Yakaar-Teranga resource in a phased approach. Photo: Courtesy of David Mark from Pixabay. US-based independent oil and gas exploration and production company Kosmos Energy announced that the Yakaar-2 appraisal well, located offshore Senegal, has confirmed a significant natural gas resource.Kosmos said that Yakaar-2 encountered approximately 30m of net gas pay in a similar high-quality Cenomanian reservoir to the Yakaar-1 exploration well.According to the company, the confirmation of the gas resource continues the 100% success rate of wells targeting the Mauritania/Senegal gas trend.In addition, the results would support the company’s view that the Yakaar-Teranga resource base has the potential to support an LNG project that provides significant volumes of natural gas to both domestic and export markets.Kosmos chairman and chief executive officer Andrew G Inglis said: “The Yakaar-2 appraisal well demonstrates the scale and quality of the Yakaar resource base. Senegal is one of the fastest growing economies in the world and Kosmos is excited to be working alongside BP and PETROSEN to support the country’s growing energy needs.”Yakaar-2 was drilled approximately 9km from Yakaar-1Yakaar-2 appraisal well, located offshore Senegal, was drilled in approximately 2,500m of water to a total measured depth of around 4,800m.Along with Kosmos, PETROSEN and BP are partners in the Yakaar-Teranga gas project. The Valaris DS-12 rig deployed by BP will now move to the Orca-1 exploration well in Mauritania.In addition, the company plans to develop Yakaar-Teranga resource in a phased approach, where Phase 1 would provide domestic gas and data to optimize the development of future phases.In 2014, the President of Senegal launched ‘Plan Emergent Senegal’ initiative, and the Yakaar-Teranga development is expected to support the government plans.Kosmos’ key assets includes production offshore Ghana, Equatorial Guinea and US Gulf of Mexico, along with gas development offshore Mauritania and Senegal.In July, Kosmos and its partners made a new gas discovery within the Greater Tortue Ahmeyim project, located at the maritime border of Senegal and Mauritania, in the Atlantic Ocean.
Back to overview,Home naval-today Australia: Bonhomme Richard ARG Starts CERTEX View post tag: Navy View post tag: ARG View post tag: CERTEX Australia: Bonhomme Richard ARG Starts CERTEX View post tag: Naval View post tag: Bonhomme Training & Education Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) along with the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) began Certification Exercise (CERTEX), Aug. 7.CERTEX is an event focusing on the 31st MEU’s capability of doing missions such as humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations or non-combatant evacuation operations with the ARG.“Every MEU goes through a work up cycle prior to deployment which is usually conducted over months of training back in the states, and is culminated during their CERTEX before they deploy,” said Cmdr. Kirk Knox, Bonhomme Richards’ operations officer. “Even though the majority of the focus is on the MEU this is a team effort. The MEU cannot accomplish their tasks if we fail to provide them the support they need.”Bonhomme Richard ARG is made up of the forward-deployed amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6), which is the command ship for Amphibious Squadron (PHIBRON) 11, as well as the amphibious dock landing ship USS Germantown (LSD 42) and amphibious transport dock USS Denver (LPD 9).Bonhomme Richard provides a platform at sea enabling the MEU to carry out visit, board, search and seizure (VBSS) exercises and helicopter raids. The Marines of the MEU will also conduct a combat rubber raiding craft operations (CRRC) from the ship’s well deck.“We will launch, recover, and spot aircraft to support the 31st MEU during CERTEX,” said Lt. John Zahodne, Bonhomme Richards’ aircraft handler. “During this exercise we are required to operate at a higher operational tempo.”During CERTEX, Royal Australian Regiment officers, who are from an exchange program to develop officers, will observe the evolutions. In 2014 Australia will receive and deploy two of their own amphibious assault ships.“The exchange program allows us gain experience from the U.S. Marines and U.S. Navy on how to conduct amphibious operations,” said Maj. Alexander Rubin, Royal Australian Regiment 2nd Battalion detachment officer-in-charge. “We are invigorating our amphibious capability. The idea is to get ahead of the curb in developing our own program. We are grateful for this opportunity and hope that during the next Talisman Saber we can perform amphibious operations side-by-side with Bonhomme Richard.”The exercise will test the two forces’ ability to execute several evolutions including small boat operations, helicopter and amphibious operations, mass casualty response drills and a non-combatant evacuation operation. Each of these evolutions involves transporting equipment and personnel to designated locations.“At the end of the day, we are ultimately responsible for the safe movement of the 31st MEU’s vehicles and cargo to and from the battle space,” said Lt. Cmdr. Jesse Alvarez, Bonhomme Richards’ 1st Lieutenant. “While on deployment the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) element of Naval Beach Unit (NBU) 7 integrates with Deck Department and Combat Cargo, as we share working spaces and combine our efforts to execute BHR’s ship-to-shore mission.”The U.S. and Australia have a long established bilateral partnership which is an essential part of maritime security in the Asia-Pacific region. The U.S. Navy also contributes to the freedom of navigation in the territorial waters and airspace of coastal nations, which supports economic development and international commerce.Commander Amphibious Squadron ELEVEN, 31st MEU and Bonhomme Richard ARG report to Commander, Amphibious Force 7th Fleet, Rear Adm. Jeffrey A. Harley, headquartered in White Beach, Okinawa, Japan.[mappress]Press Release, August 11, 2013 Share this article View post tag: Richard August 11, 2013 View post tag: starts View post tag: News by topic
Back to overview,Home naval-today MH370: Search to Enter New Phase View post tag: phase May 1, 2014 View post tag: MH370 The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is commencing a new phase and will transition over the coming weeks to an intensified undersea search. View post tag: enter View post tag: New In the meantime Bluefin-21, which has completed its search of the 314 square kilometre area around the detections made by the Towed Pinger Locator, will continue to search adjacent areas.Mission 17 will commence when weather conditions improve allowing Bluefin-21 to be safely launched from Australian Defence Vessel Ocean Shield.Ocean Shield will remain on station supporting Bluefin-21 search activity.Over the coming days the vessels that remain on standby for the search will transition to and from the search area.A Royal Australian Air Force AP-3C Orion also remains on standby in Perth.Other vessels and aircraft that have been engaged in the surface and aerial search will now transition to their respective national tasking in the coming days.[mappress]Press Release, May 1, 2014; Image: Wikimedia View post tag: search View post tag: Navy View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Naval Share this article MH370: Search to Enter New Phase
Former BIA Confectioner of the Year Ruth Hinks, is in the final throes of her preparation for the World Chocolate Masters competition next month.Following 12 months of hard work and anticipation, Hinks will compete against the 19 other finalists from across the globe.An initiative by Callebaut, Cacao Barry and Carma, the World Chocolate Masters is an international competition dedicated solely to the art of chocolate.Taking place from 28-30 October in Paris, Hinks, who was crowned UK Chocolate Master last year, is tasked with making a two-metre-high chocolate showpiece, a chocolate layered cake, a gastronomic chocolate dessert, a moulded chocolate, an enrobed praline and a chocolate globe, all around the competition’s theme: ‘The Architecture of Taste’.Hinks, owner of the Cocoa Black Chocolate & Pastry School, near Edinburgh said: “For the past 12 months, I have spent 25 hours a week training and have been fortunate enough to receive excellent support from Mark Tilling, the other Barry Callebaut ambassadors and Martin Chiffers. It has been a fantastic journey and I’m looking forward to the event and revealing the efforts of the past 12 months.”