Uber rush

first_imgLinkedin Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Facebook Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Email NewsLocal NewsUber rushBy Bernie English – August 10, 2015 1149 Twitter WhatsApp Printcenter_img ANXIOUS Limerick job seekers have sent a deluge of applications for the upcoming positions at Uber with 150 of 300 new jobs due to come on-stream by Christmas.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Uber last week announced plans to open its first centre of excellence outside the United States in the city centre.The San Francisco based car service provider said it has been overwhelmed with the response from Limerick with hundreds applying for the first 50 jobs, which are currently advertised.And the good news continues, with coffee chain Starbucks due to start its fit-out on the ground floor of the Thomas Street building this week.There are a number of other high-profile companies in the mix for the rest of the space, creating at least 100 full and part-time job opportunities.Meanwhile Finance Minister Michael Noonan said that the Hanging Gardens site in Henry Street, which is in the final stages of being acquired by Limerick City and County Council, had attracted the interest of at least three prospective investors.He said that there was a lot of confidence that it could be the location for another 250 jobs or so when it is fully developed. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Previous articleGAA – Weekend results from Limerick GAANext articlePatient files sent to outside email Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. Advertisement Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads TAGSfeaturedJobslimerickuber last_img read more

Lawrence Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York An 82-year-old Florida man was fatally hit by a vehicle while crossing a road in Lawrence on Friday evening.Nassau County police said Theodore Schiffman, of Boca Raton, was crossing Nassau Expressway at the corner of Broadway when he was struck by a southbound Dodge at 5:45 p.m.The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he died three hours later.Homicide Squad detectives tested the vehicle and did not charge the 66-year-old man driving the vehicle.last_img

Ian Wright reveals the mistake Solskjaer made following Manchester United’s defeat to Wolves

first_img Comment Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United were beaten by Wolves on Tuesday (Picture: Getty)Ian Wright believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made a major mistake following Manchester United’s damaging defeat to Wolves.The Red Devils were beaten 2-1 at Molineux on Tuesday evening as their top four hopes were dealt a serious blow.Midfielder Scott McTominay has given the visitors a first-half lead but a Diogo Jota strike and a Chris Smalling own goal turned the match on its head.Following the defeat, Solskjaer was complimentary of his team’s performance and said they were ‘fantastic’ in the opening 20 minutes.ADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityBut Arsenal hero Wright believes Manchester United’s new permanent manager ‘set a bad precedent’ with his positive comments.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘Too many players had a bad day and they did create chances but Wolves played well,’ the former England striker told Premier League Productions.‘I feel that Ole may have set a bad precedent by saying that his team played well and that he is happy with what they did.‘I think that when we go through the team and look at what players played well, they didn’t play well. Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 3 Apr 2019 11:45 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link416Shares Former Arsenal and England striker Ian Wright (Picture: Getty) Solskjaer post-Wolves defeat Our performance deserved the winTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 6:19FullscreenSolskjaer post-Wolves defeat Our performance deserved the winhttps://metro.co.uk/video/solskjaer-post-wolves-defeat-performance-deserved-win-1897420/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.‘So when you go back into the dressing room and say, “well done we played well and should have won because of the chances we created”, then that would just make me think we didn’t play well.‘And if you’re going to start doing that then that is a weakness because we are hearing the same person coming out and telling us about United and their high standards.‘That was not a good Manchester United performance so if he thinks it was then that sets alarm bells off in my head.’The Wolves defeat means United remain on 61 points. Solskjaer’s side face Barcelona next week in the first leg of their last-eight Champions League tie.More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves Ian Wright reveals the mistake Solskjaer made following Manchester United’s defeat to Wolves Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Ensco gets drillship contracts from three oil majors

first_imgUK driller Ensco has been awarded three drillship contracts offshore West Africa, representing an aggregate three years of contracted term and more than six additional years of options.Ensco Chief Executive Officer and President, Carl Trowell, said, “We contracted Ensco DS-4, a rig that was previously preservation stacked, for a two-year term and reactivated the rig on time and within our cost estimates. We also secured a one-year contract for Ensco DS-10, our final newbuild drillship, which is among the most technologically advanced rigs in the global fleet.”Trowell concluded, “We continue to see offshore drillers with track records of safe and efficient operations as well as financial strength win a disproportionate amount of new work and these contracts are examples of our recent success in capitalizing on this trend. Additionally, we believe that this new work positions us well for follow-on opportunities, benefiting future utilization for our rig fleet.” The contracts According to the driller’s statement on Tuesday, Ensco DS-4 is expected to start a two-year contract with Chevron offshore Nigeria in August 2017. The contract also includes a priced customer option for one additional year of work. Ensco recently reactivated the rig following a period during which the rig was preservation stacked in Tenerife and reactivation expenses are expected to total $28 million. In addition, $15 million of capital upgrades were added to the rig and are anticipated to benefit the asset over its remaining useful life.Furthermore, Ensco DS-10 is scheduled to start work with Shell offshore Nigeria in the first quarter of 2018. The contract duration is for one year and includes five one-year priced customer options. As a result of winning this contract, the rig’s delivery is expected to be accelerated into third quarter 2017 from first quarter 2019. To remind, the delivery of the DS-10 drillship was postponed in early 2017 by two years to March 31, 2019. The rig was built by South Korea’s Samsung Heavy Industries.After the delivery, Ensco DS-10 will undergo a period of acceptance testing before mobilizing to Nigeria to begin its maiden contract. Remaining capital expenditures associated with the rig are expected to total approximately $190 million inclusive of a final milestone payment to the shipyard, an upgrade to add a second seven-ram blowout preventer, acceptance testing, capitalized interest and mobilization.Finally, Ensco DS-7 is contracted to Total until November 2017. Since November 2016, the rig has been idle in Tenerife earning a standby rate following early termination of its original contract, which was also with Total. Ensco DS-7 is now scheduled to mobilize to Ivory Coast to drill one well beginning in August 2017 that is expected to take 60 days to complete. Additionally, Total has a priced option for one further well.As a result of these new contracts, Ensco said that its contract drilling expense for second quarter 2017 is expected to be approximately $282 million after adjusting for a $10 million settlement of a previously disclosed legal contingency, slightly higher than the prior guidance of $270 million to $280 million, or $292 million on an unadjusted basis.Anticipated capital expenditures are now expected to total approximately $350 million for the nine month period from second quarter 2017 through fourth quarter 2017. This capital expenditure estimate includes approximately $240 million for new rig construction, inclusive of approximately $29 million of capitalized interest, and approximately $110 million for rig enhancements and minor upgrades and improvements.last_img read more