Hardik Pandya will definitely be part of India’s World Cup squad: Michael Clarke

first_imgFormer Australia captain Michael Clarke has pointed out that a talented player like Hardik Pandya is key to the balance of Team India and that he will definitely be part of India’s World Cup squad in England.Clarke, who didn’t talk about the ongoing controversy surrounding Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul over their inappropriate comments on Koffee With Karan, though stressed that earning respect is more important for a sportsperson than earning money in the professional career.Hardik and Rahul have been suspended pending an inquiry over their borderline sexist and racist comments on the popular television show that was aired earlier this month. Their future remains uncertain as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is unable to decide on the quantum of punishment for the two cricketers even as the Supreme Court is hearing an ongoing case involving the board’s operations.”A talented player like Hardik is very necessary for the balance of the side. He can win games alone with his batting and I am confident he will be in that World Cup squad,” Clarke told the Press Trust of India.He added: “How much money you have earned is irrelevant because most important thing is to earn and give respect. I think it all starts with how you have been brought up. Respecting every individual is very important. It starts with respecting elders regardless of profession.Professional sports persons are role models, recognized and they have a responsibility. Having said that, everyone makes mistakes and one needs to move on and learn from them.advertisementCommittee of Administrators (CoA) members Diana Edulji and Vinod Rai have been divided on the issue and the ongoing stalemate isn’t helping the case of Pandya and Rahul, who have already missed the ODI series in Australia. The duo is likely to miss the upcoming five-match ODI series in New Zealand, starting January 23.The CoA notably had requested the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to decide the fate of Pandya and Rahul during a hearing earlier this week.Meanwhile, it has emerged that BCCI acting president, CK Khanna has written a letter to COA, requesting them to let Pandya and Rahul play till quantum of punishment is decided.”I urge for a meeting/discussion between Committee of Administrators and the office bearers to resolve this issue on priority,” Khanna wrote. “What Mr. Hardik Pandya said and Mr. K.L. Rahul acted as a by-stander to is inappropriate and absolutely wrong, but in my personal opinion, to treat them like lawbreakers is wrong too,” Khanna wrote.”They made a mistake, and they have already been suspended and called back from the series against Australia. They have also submitted an unconditional apology.”For the interest of the Indian cricket in mind, the deplorable off ground activity of the players requires immediate corrective action but we must not keep their careers in limbo.”Also Read | Hardik Pandya spotted with Krunal at Mumbai airport after Koffee with Karan controversyAlso Read | How Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul got into trouble for Koffee with Karan: A timelineAlso Read | Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul tender unconditional apology to BCCI’s show cause noticeAlso See:last_img read more

Rugby on the Beach Saturday at Rickys Flamingo Café

first_img Recommended for you What’s on TONIGHT in Providenciales Windvibes Watersports Tournament Returns for 9th Year Race for the Conch impresses Rowdy Gaines US Gold Medal Olympian Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 06 Nov 2015 – Beach Rugby is on this weekend at Ricky’s Flamingo Café from 11:30am. There will be matches featuring players from Provo, Grand Turk and South Caicos starting from noon. The day will include DJ music, raffle prizes, refreshments and that fantastic inflatable stadium. Beach Rugby is courtesy of the TCI Rugby Football Union, on tomorrow at Ricky’s Café. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:beach rugby, Ricky’s Flamingo Cafelast_img

De Bruyne Man City have been sussed out this season

first_imgBelgian star Kevin De Bruyne believes that Manchester City’s rivals have begun to understand their tactics better in what has notably been a more difficult season.Last season saw Pep Guardiola’s side only losing twice on route to a record-breaking campaign in the Premier League by finishing 19 points above runners-up Manchester United and becoming the first team to reach 100 points.But this term has seen City lose four times already and they are only ahead of Liverpool, who have a game in hand, by goal difference at the top of the standings.“In the league, we lost a few more games than we did last year but we are still fighting on all fronts,” said De Bruyne, according to Sky Sports.“I think other teams figure out what we do, maybe, a little bit better. They may also have better squads. We just added one player, the rest is the same team.“The way we play is always going to be the same with Pep, we’re not going to change. Everybody knows that.”The Citizens do, however, remain in a strong position for more silverware this season with a Carabao Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley coming up this Sunday.Meanwhile, City remain in the hunt for FA Cup and Champions League glory which has prompted talk of winning an unprecedented quadruple.“But in the end, I don’t think there is a lot of difference. We have a lot of points in the league and I think the standard we are setting is still very high,” De Bruyne continued.“Maybe it’s not the same as last year but maybe we’ll win more titles this year. The most important thing is the titles. If we win three titles we will have done better than last year.Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“I think the goal is not to win the four competitions. The goal is to win every game and then the further you progress.“We are happy with where we are but we want to progress in every round we play in. That’s now the Champions League.“We want to do well and go to the quarter-finals, so we are one step closer to winning it. To set standards to win all four – that’s nearly impossible.”City are in Germany right now for the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie against Schalke 04 with kick-off set for 9:00 PM (CET) tonight.⚽️ UCL MATCHDAY! ⚽️Schalke v CityUEFA Champions LeagueRound of 16 First LegVELTINS-Arena20:00 UK#s04vcity🔵 #mancity pic.twitter.com/I5muDnJY7l— Manchester City (@ManCity) February 20, 2019last_img read more

37th San Diego Chinese New Year Fair in Downtown San Diego

first_img KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The 37th Annual San Diego Chinese New Year Fair is a two-day event celebrating the Year of the Pig.The event is happening on February 16 and 17 at the Asian Pacific Thematic Historic District at Third Avenue and J Street. The celebration features dozens of performances, children’s crafts and lantern parade, and a wide variety of authentic Chinese and Asian food and cultural displays.The Chinese New Year Fair is once again hosted and presented by the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (CCBA) of San Diego. “Now in its 37th year, this fair has become an important cultural gathering for San Diego, and CCBA is proud to continue this tradition and help preserve the culture and contributions of Chinese people to our local community,” says MyMy Lu, community leader and this year’s Fair Chair.The Fair will be open on both days from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Full details of the event can be found at www.sdcny.org. KUSI Newsroom Posted: February 12, 2019 February 12, 2019 Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter 37th San Diego Chinese New Year Fair in Downtown San Diegolast_img read more

San Diego DUI arrests up over holiday period

first_imgSan Diego DUI arrests up over holiday period KUSI Newsroom, July 7, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Posted: July 7, 2019 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The California Highway Patrol arrested 81 motorists for suspicion of drunk driving in San Diego County over the holiday period, officials said today.While there were no fatalities on county freeways this year, the CHP said 24 people were killed in California during the extended July Fourth holiday weekend, from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Sunday.The arrests for suspicion of DUI in the county increased by 47 over last year’s holiday period. Statewide, three motorcycle deaths occurred and three pedestrians were killed  in the CHP’s jurisdiction. This year there were 24 driving fatalities in California, as reported by all law enforcement agencies. There were 17 last year.The 1,204 arrests statewide by CHP officers for suspicion of DUI was up from 389 last year. The CHP only tracks DUI arrests made by its own officers. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more